Friday 18 December 2009

A Week too early!


Viburnum Tinus

Erica Carnea

Vauxhall Astra

As you can see, we live in the eastern counties that got a good few inches of snow overnight, with the look of more to come this evening.  Of course I had to get out with the camera and there will be more on my flickr pages over the next few days.  I was pleased that I took notice of the weather forecast yesterday and we went to the supermarket to do our weekend shop a day early - the cupboard was bare, so now we are well stocked up.  The advantage of living in a town like Luton is that we also have three corner shops  a couple of minutes walk away - including a post-office - so there is no need to go short of basics. 
We don't seems to have had a postal delivery today, but I did see Gary the postie in his shorts yesterday, I hope he hasn't caught pneumonia!


Keep warm


8 comments:

Marigold Jam said...

We have a postie who doesn't seem to feel the cold too! I don't think he is in shorts but he was in short sleeves when I saw him the other day!! Love your pix especially the last one! No snow here - yet! But very cold though I haven't been outside apart from to pick a few sprigs of parsley from my herb pot by the back door to go with the fishcakes I made for lunch!

Jane x

Lalabibaby @ Dreaming of The Simple Life said...

The snow can even make Luton look good in places ;-) What does Marvin make of it?? My two just literally pussy foot across it and the dogs have been jumping round like spring lambs and the poor old chooks are just totally confused. Thank heavens for corner shops too .... have a good weekend x

pinkfairygran said...

We in NW Norfolk have about four inches at present, pics on my blog over at pfgs.blogspot.com for those interested. Roads terrible thanks to non-appearance of gritters... well, maybe almost a week's notice of this bad weather wasn't enough preparation time for the council eh?

LAC EMP 2020 said...

I love your sense of humour. Fabulous photographs . Doesn't snow always look great in photos? Stay in and keep warm.

Leenie said...

I'm glad you got some snow for the holidays. It looks like enough to be pretty but not too much to stop traffic. Love the first photo with the contrast of Christmas colors and white.

harmony and rosie said...

Hello Jill

Thank you for dropping in on my blog and for your lovely comments. You are certainly learning well at your Art College - your photos are incredible. Your Vauxhall looks like an iced bun and as for the others, stunning.

Kate

Tumble Fish Studio said...

What lovely pictures! I miss snow. I know when you live in it that doesn't seem possible sometimes, but after growing up in South Dakota and living in CA now, I miss snow. It's the icing on the holiday season cake! There's nothing like being stocked up, warm and cozy on a snowy day.

menopausalmusing said...

My fave photo is the Erica...... that's one beautiful photo!

No snow here. Boo! Hoo!

:O(