The red candy stripe one was my first attempt and I soon realized I had made it rather small, and turning inside out through the button opening was a bit of a struggle. I also realized I had managed to sew the loop so it ended up on the inside! But the button-hole was fine. The second attempt was the white muslin one, but I still managed the get the loop on the inside. I know the theory, but somehow I got it wrong. The third one was the orange check - hurrah , the loop is in the right place, but it has got a twist, oh well never mind. The draw string bag was more straight forward, but it still seemed to take all afternoon! Here's a close-up.
They could have a bit more wadding, but that was all I have till I do a bit more shopping. I have scented them with pot pourri oil. Jane, you may recognise a couple of your buttons!
Otherwise I have had a go at free-style embroidery, but that will need a lot more practice before I have anything worth looking at.
Hope you have a relaxing Easter weekend.