After Lesley at Printed Material pointed out these on this lovely blog. I had to have a go.
The petals are cut from a cotton napkin I got from Sainsbury's. They were under £4 for four, just right for a bit of embroidery. The centres are scraps of fabric, ribbon and trimmings. I made the leaves by bonding some green velvet and linen and stitched in the outlines and veins. Unlike the ones on the video I stitched them together as I had no suitable fabric glue.
I quite like doing this sort of thing as it is something I can sit and do while (half) watching TV. I am being a bit of a butterfly at the moment flitting from one thing to another, perhaps it is the spring weather.