Sunday 23 October 2011

The weeks fly by...

Thank you all who wished me well after my tumble - I'm fine now. No lasting damage, although my back is always a bit dodgy, as many of you who are fellow sufferers of chronic back ache know.  Falling over is not recommended!

I have been really getting into my sketchbook course.  It is helping get back into a creative mode.  Hopefully it will also push me into some textile work.  Meanwhile I have been getting into cut out pages -
the edge of the right-hand fork is cut out and turns over to reveal -



this page with pink fork and some rubbings on a cut out jug.

This was an experiment with large scale washes - not totally happy with these - yet.

Wax resist experiments ...

and a more finished piece.  The wax resist and rubbing has been really great for getting me away form  finicky detail, which has its place, but can obsess me!
I'm in for another busy week - but I will try to keep up with you all
Have a great week
Jill

15 comments:

ju-north said...

These are great! All good for when you publish your book ....

flutterbycrafter said...

Well Jill you are soooo talented, such wonderful, wonderful paintings, you must be so pleased with them xx

Karen Blados said...

Good to hear you're on the mend. These are some beautiful pages. Perhaps I need to look for a course ... I'm feeling in need of a little motivation.

webb said...

Am glad you are feeling better, but cannot believe that you have found still another creative outlet! You don't have a lazy, non-creative bone in your body!!

Joanna said...

Brilliant pages - love the effect achieved with the wax resist.

x

Sandra Hall said...

Ooooh Jill, I didn't realise you've had a tumble :( Glad to hear there's no serious injury - except the achy back - from one back sufferer to another - you have my sympathetic understanding! Your sketches are amazing - I'm always delighted to visit your blog - I know I'm in for a visual treat :D x

harmony and rosie said...

Stunning work. Glad you are better too, not much worse than back pain.

WrightStuff said...

You are creating some amazing pieces on this course! Sorry to hear about your fall. Hope you are fighting fit and back in the starting line up soon!

LAC EMP 2020 said...

Jill, the pages are beautifully drawn and rendered. Love those forks. I feel I could just reach out and pick one up.... life sounds busy so have a great week and look forward to seeing what you work on next! Lesley x

menopausalmusing said...

Beautiful, beautiful sketchbook work....... particularly like the right hand page on the bottom one.

Linda Vincent said...

What a lot for me to catch up on today Jill (sorry I've been missing). Your sketchbook work is all fabulous - you must be a star pupil!
XX

Gina said...

Beautiful sketchbook work. I think I'm going to be sent to detention for mine... I've not done anything for weeks. Thank you for the lovely cupcake!

Emma said...

Just beautiful, such delicious color & detail, even in the resists!

Unknown said...

Lovely work as always Jill. I particularly like the dark flowers and the final page. I hope very much that I will get an opportunity some time to see the sketchbook in real - it looks like a real treasure of colour and interest. Glad to hear that you are on the mend: look forward to the next instalment.

Heloise said...

Wonderful work. I am really enjoying seeing the work that you are doing on this course.
Glad you are feeling better.