Monday 26 April 2010

In the Pink




Here is my latest book, all ready to fill. I love making them, I guess I can just take my time filling the pages

This is the cover and the lining before sticking them together with bond-a-web. The lining (top) is the original transfer dye painting enhanced with colour pencils and given a couple of coats of acrylic wax. The cover (bottom and below) has been stitched on all week.
A button and cord were stitched on as a fastener, the lining bonded on and the pages stitched in.

Front

Back

Open

That is three I have to work on now, and I have promised myself that I shall give myself time to work on some of my other projects.

12 comments:

thekathrynwheel said...

This looks amaaaaaazing :-) Beautifully detailed. Kate x

Marigold Jam said...

Gosh that's fabulous! Really clever stuff.

Jane x

Lizzie said...

Really lovely, Jill. It's a great technique, but you are really making the most of it! Lovely book (again) and great stitching details.

sea-blue-sky & abstracts said...

Lovely, Jill, I really like this one! Something to do with the heart contours and beading and thread perhaps? Best wishes, Lesley

helena said...

beautiful - love the colours. Almost a shame to cover up the back of the stiching - it tells part of the story. my Nana who did a lot of embroidery always turned a piece she saw over to have a look at how it had been stiched - that photo reminded me of her.

Heavens2Betsy said...

Absolutely beautiful book. I so admire your creations - they are so very detailed.

menopausalmusing said...

These are just lovely books. So special and personal and lovely to keep. Hoping to see more .................

Sandra Hall said...

Hi Jill, I LOVE this book, you are so very creative! I can't pass a fabric shop without thinking of you now. I love popping by to see what you've been up to with (or without!) your sewing machine!

LAC EMP 2020 said...

Jill,
A beautiful book to add to your other creations. I can't wait to see how you will fill these treasures. They truly will be works of art by the time you've finished. Lesley

Liverpool Lou (Anne) said...

Another fabulous book :) Love them
Anne x

harmony and rosie said...

It's really beautiful Jill, love the colours you've picked.

Amelia said...

making a book and filling it - how glorious!!!

So glad you didn't listen to whoever it was all those years ago that could have put you off your art for life! ;)

Amelia.x