Monday, 26 April 2010

In the Pink




Here is my latest book, all ready to fill. I love making them, I guess I can just take my time filling the pages

This is the cover and the lining before sticking them together with bond-a-web. The lining (top) is the original transfer dye painting enhanced with colour pencils and given a couple of coats of acrylic wax. The cover (bottom and below) has been stitched on all week.
A button and cord were stitched on as a fastener, the lining bonded on and the pages stitched in.

Front

Back

Open

That is three I have to work on now, and I have promised myself that I shall give myself time to work on some of my other projects.

12 comments:

thekathrynwheel said...

This looks amaaaaaazing :-) Beautifully detailed. Kate x

marigold jam said...

Gosh that's fabulous! Really clever stuff.

Jane x

Lizzie said...

Really lovely, Jill. It's a great technique, but you are really making the most of it! Lovely book (again) and great stitching details.

sea-blue-sky & abstracts said...

Lovely, Jill, I really like this one! Something to do with the heart contours and beading and thread perhaps? Best wishes, Lesley

helena said...

beautiful - love the colours. Almost a shame to cover up the back of the stiching - it tells part of the story. my Nana who did a lot of embroidery always turned a piece she saw over to have a look at how it had been stiched - that photo reminded me of her.

Heavens2Betsy said...

Absolutely beautiful book. I so admire your creations - they are so very detailed.

Menopausal musing said...

These are just lovely books. So special and personal and lovely to keep. Hoping to see more .................

Sandra Hall said...

Hi Jill, I LOVE this book, you are so very creative! I can't pass a fabric shop without thinking of you now. I love popping by to see what you've been up to with (or without!) your sewing machine!

Printed Material said...

Jill,
A beautiful book to add to your other creations. I can't wait to see how you will fill these treasures. They truly will be works of art by the time you've finished. Lesley

Liverpool Lou (Anne) said...

Another fabulous book :) Love them
Anne x

harmony and rosie said...

It's really beautiful Jill, love the colours you've picked.

Amelia said...

making a book and filling it - how glorious!!!

So glad you didn't listen to whoever it was all those years ago that could have put you off your art for life! ;)

Amelia.x