Sunday 17 January 2010

Starting again...

I have bought myself a couple of bargain books on needle-felting, just to get me started, and decided I would have ago at some other projects before relaunching onto animals. So here are three ATC sized pieces I made yesterday, sewing the beads on this morning when there was a good light. They were very quick to do and a quick press with the steam iron seemed to help.


There are quick and not very sophisticated, but just what I need, bright and colourful. 
The trouble was I found these cats on flickr, by gifted felt artist Helen Rogers. If you like these, then do browse her flickr site here for more views.







 
Thank you Helen for giving me permission to use your pictures

9 comments:

Marigold Jam said...

Well done. I really like thosae pretty pieces. Where to next?

Those cats are amazing aren't they?

Jane

LAC EMP 2020 said...

Lovely needlefelting Jill. You are well and truly hooked I think. Those cats are beautiful and must be done by someone who has a real affinity with them. You will create something like this too one day I know. I shall look forward to the photos in due course! Lesley.

WrightStuff said...

Now, come on, you will get that good with practice! Yours were perfectly lovely, but I admit those pusscats are something else!! What a talent.

Leenie said...

I love your new creations. You're right about them being bright and colorful and also fun. The kitties are amazing!

aimee said...

oh SUPER! i love felted pieces but have no talent for it. i have to feast my eyes on others' creations.

menopausalmusing said...

How inspirational: both your attempts and those absolutely adorable cats. The second one down looks just like my naughty tomcat Pickle. Hoping to see more of your felting..... it looks like a lovely craft to do.

pinkfairygran said...

The ones you did are more to my taste, lovely and country and simple in style. The cats are incredible, but I find a little spooky somehow. Did you know I was weird???

MILLY said...

Your needle felting designs are lovely and would look good as little brooches. A new craft to me but looks fun.

harmony and rosie said...

Those cats are incredible. I bought a book on felting shortly before Christmas but haven't done anything from it yet (surprise, surprise). It's a fascinating subject though so I shall watch your progress with interest. Good job so far!