Thursday 19 November 2009

Indulge me ...


I wrote this in August and just found it in my journal, so I thought I'd try layering it on a painting I had done of 'snow in summer'
I am not normally taken with writing, but on reading this I remembered the afternoon well. It  started as just a list, and I am not claiming any literary merit, but what a blessing keeping a journal is, otherwise this magic moment would have been lost.

There is still time to enter my draw, I am delighted so many of you have responded, but sorry that it will mean some will be disappointed.
Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

Marigold Jam said...

That's so lovely Jill - I don't know about no literary merit I think it is beautiful and layered with that lovely painting is ...well fantastic. Love it. Wish I were half as talented as you.

Jane

Unknown said...

I agree this is lovely, beautifully written and presented.

Grammy said...

I love it. Both the words and the art work are beautiful! I am new at creative writing. Some times it is great and other times ? But you made yours flow.

Crayons said...

Hi Jill,
It is indeed a list, but there is something more, an adoration or a flash of the timelessness of a moment.

I really like your blog. I'm so glad you spoke on mine, otherwise I'd never have visited you here. My favorite so far is the photo essay about gates. You have such an eye.

PS: tell your hairdresser that I LOVE your haircut!

menopausalmusing said...

A moment of time, CAUGHT! How beautiful... :O)